Press "Enter" to skip to content

Nest Nursery School Concert

By Kristi Cameron
As The Nest Nursery School enters its third year, the school community invites friends and neighbors to attend the second annual Nest Fest fundraiser on November 16 from 7:00pm to 10:00pm at HodgePodge Coffeehouse in East Atlanta. The event will include music, drinks, food, friends, and good fun to benefit the youngest citizens of the community.
The Nest Fest will feature performances from local bands including Patience Grasshopper, The Paulines, and The Front Porch Session Players. There will also be a silent auction of wares by local artists, craftsman, and area businesses as well as an artists’ market, holiday shopping opportunities, and a silent auction.
Fundraising is a necessary component of the school’s not-for-profit mission. As with many early childhood programs, over 85% of income generated by tuition is used to pay teacher salaries. Fundraising allows the school to supplement the remaining 15% of its income in order to provide materials, supplies, furnishings, professional development efforts, and other related expenses.
The Nest Nursery School, a not-for-profit early childhood program located in Ormewood Park, offers a unique educational experience for children. The school operates a full-time, year-round program serving children ages 3 months through 4 years. With a foundation built upon a strong and uniquely progressive educational philosophy, The Nest Nursery School upholds an image of the child as a powerful, competent, capable, and integral member of the community. The Nest Nursery School envisions each family as unique, deserving of respect, and the center of the child’s life. The school fosters interpersonal relationships among children and adults in order to provide an educational experience of the highest quality built upon the belief that children have a natural disposition for learning and an innate curiosity that, when intentionally and carefully nurtured, blossoms into a life-long love of learning.
Tickets for The Nest Fest are $20 per person if purchased by November 1. Through November 1, tickets are also available at a “buy three, get one free” rate. After November 1, ticket prices are $25. Tickets are available for purchase online at or at the door on the night of the event and the ticket price includes admission, dinner, and one drink.
If any local artists, craftsmen, or businesses are interested in donating to The Nest Fest fundraiser, please contact Teresa Cole at 404-627-1200 or via email at

Comments are closed.

Mission News Theme by Compete Themes.