By Grace Kim, Interim Secretary
7:35pm Meeting called to order
Intro of new residents – Christine Raines
Zone 6 Public Safety Update – Lieutenant Desmond Floyd
48% decrease in crime since last year for beat 607 (SAND’s beat); police presence on E. Confederate, Woodland corridor has curbed crime issues; small increase in burglaries, but down from last year – 6 in 30 days vs. 10 last year; car break ins down last 30 days.
Lock your doors, have alarm monitored, and leave lights on.
V-14-174 – 1210 Woodland Ave – Variance request to reduce the south side yard setback from the required 7 feet to 2 feet 5 inches and exceed the max lot coverage from the existing 53.6% to 58% for a rear addition. Passed SAND/NPU-W LUZ 9-1-1. Motion to approve: 12 IN FAVOR 0 OPPOSED.
800 Glenwood Ave Update
Special Administrative Permit (SAP) changes in new proposed site: smaller footprint, fuel pump, Chik-fil-a with drive thru.
Status – in process; NPU-W has opportunity to respond and has requested clarification.
Grant Park has approved plan.
NPU-W Transportation did not recommend passing based on inclusion of drive-thru; NPU-W did not vote.
Concerns stated on how BeltLine overlay plans will be compatible with drive-thrus, office space, traffic volume, points of conflict for pedestrians and bicyclists, etc.
Planned Development Mixed Use (PDMU) zoning does not allow for gas station – no variance has been submitted for non-conformance to the site plan.
Motion to not approve based on lack of response from Planning and elements of fueling and points of conflict with BeltLine: 18 IN FAVOR, 0 OPPOSED, CC Charletta, Planning Dept, City Council members in NPU notice.
2015 Infrastructure Bond – local projects please support.
Send an email for request for meeting in our area to email@example.com; suggest a venue, url for project locations – www.atlantaga.gov/index.aspx?page+1145.
NPU-W Transportation 6:30 meeting; NPU-W 7:30 meeting.
Paving projects – $350,000 projects/each to repave.
Moreland/Glenwood realignment – matching funds required.
Berne Street – $350,000 project resurfacing from Boulevard to Moreland Avenue.
Signal projects – School flasher – 801 Glenwood.
Zoo – Replace, Design, Construction; Lighting repair and replacement, Phase II; 11 remaining ADA violations; $4M parking deck 200 space parking facility.
Sheryl Bennett (City Council District 1 Carla Smith) – Trestle Tree – partnerships & meetings to increase participation; truancy – 911 to engage youth with Truancy officers; truancy meeting – look for policy changes in City code legislation.
Ali Carter (City Council Post 3 At Large Andre Dickens) – Please attend larger meetings and represent.
New leaders, Brandon Tidwell, John Von Hollen – increase social media participation; more interactive website; email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jackson Java @ Drip Coffee Shop: Drip, 928 Garrett Street, Friday, September 12, 8:15am to 10:00am.
- ANCS Yard Sale: 688 Grant Street, Saturday, September 13, 8:00am to 4:00pm.
- Holy Comforter Church Plant Sale: Saturday, September 13, 10:00am to 2:00pm.
- Mental Health First Aid Training: The Friendship Center at Holy Comforter Church, Friday, October 3, 9:00am to 5:30pm.
- Kroger Community Rewards: Register your Kroger Plus Card online at www.kroger.com by logging into your account and adding SAND as your Community Rewards organization. Use organization number 76805, select SAND and then click on enroll to complete your enrollment. New enrollment started August 1 for the 2014-2015 program year.
- Mini CourtWatch Training: Contact email@example.com if interested.
- Officer Openings: Secretary, Communications, Fundraising/Events, Membership, Schools & Children, Webmaster.
East Atlanta Village RunFest Registration Drive – Saturday September 13, 10:00am to 2:00pm – Dance 411 studio is sponsoring a discount and benefit – 10% off registration fee + $15 class voucher if you register for race.
Minutes approved – 11 IN FAVOR, 0 OPPOSED
Meeting adjourned at 8:35pm