Press "Enter" to skip to content

Plaque to return to East Atlanta Village after long absence . . .

This bronze plaque was placed on Flat Shoals Avenue near Glenwood by the E.A.Minor Masonic Lodge which was located over the Piggly Wiggly Grocery across the street, but it was removed in the 1970s for safekeeping. The plaque, dedicated by Mayor Hartsfield and Georgia Governor E. Rivers in 1938 marked the site of the Union front lines in the Battle of Atlanta. A copy of the original plaque will return for the Sesquicentennial of the battle in 2014 as part of the latest East Atlanta Streetscape project thanks to the City of Atlanta and the Georgia Department of Transportation.

Comments are closed.

Mission News Theme by Compete Themes.