By Ashley McCartney
On November 17, 2011, bar One hosted our networking soiree. We had over twenty attendees! We thank Peter Thomas and his staff for the delicious food, delightful beverages and wonderful service they gave us. The soiree was a huge success!
Join is for SEABA’s annual meeting at Milltown Arms Tavern on December 15, 2011 from 5:30 until 7:15. We will briefly discuss activities and plans for 2012 and enjoy the spirits of the season. As per usual, the Milltown Arms folks will treat us with some complimentary appetizers. We will pay our own tabs for other foods and beverages. We invite each member and guest to join us in the Toys for Tots campaign by donating a new, unwrapped toy. Receptacles will be available at Milltown. All are invited to join us! Bring your business cards! This is where deals get started!
Please check out our new SEABA website at www.seabaga.org for information about our new membership guidelines, leaders, membership benefits, and tactical and strategic plans for 2011-2012. If you would like to be on our mailing list or know more about our organization just send an email to email@example.com and we’ll get back to you. We are also now on Facebook.
SEABA (South East Atlanta Business Association) was created through the merger of the Reynoldstown/Cabbagetown Business Association and the Grant Park Merchants Association in 2006. Our most important goals are to strengthen and grow the business community and enhance the quality of life for all residents. SEABA is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit corporation operated by volunteers.
SAND November 10 Meeting Minutes
By Stephen Norman, president
Motion: Request traffic study from city of Atlanta to address speeding concerns on Custer Ave (passed unanimously)
LU&Z: application for variance for 6’ opaque fence at 571 Moreland; passed 18-2
October Meeting minutes approved unanimously
Holiday Potluck – Dec 8 meeting; sign up on SAND site for a side dish or dessert; location TBD
- Zone 6 APD – Sgt Stephens
- Invite Trolley Patrol to January meeting
- Follow up on previous SAND motions about updates to the city’s re-plat process, a separate business zoning for traffic-intensive businesses, and adopting the zoning recommendations from the Moreland LCI
- Bike paths, cleaning on Bill Kennedy Way
- Inquire with city about paving project for Berne
Thomasville Heights – Check with city about rumors of development ideas
Schools and Kids:
- Dec 1 APD demographic meeting at Parkside Elementary
- Dec 15 cluster meeting at MHJ High School/li>
- Community relations with Federal Penn – contact regarding weapons testing on the grounds; possibly about the condition of properties on property, too.
Communications: Add officer contact info to the agendas.
Inquire with the city about reimbursement for SAND legal fees incurred to address the re-plat of 731 Moreland.
Other announcements as they appear in the agenda:
- Stoney Point Park clean-up Nov 11
- Donate used printer ink cartridges to Ormewood School
- Atlanta Tree Commission hearing Nov 19 regarding 1098 Moreland
- City upheld its decision to revoke the re-plat at 731 Moreland
- BHU Feed the homeless sack lunch Nov 19; holiday food and toy drive
- Interest in pursuing a KaBOOM playground in SAND